Thursday, May 25, 2006

Finding the balance

I have been rather bad and not had a proper training session since last Tuesday. This is for a variety of reasons. Life with a mouse-sized lung function is all about compromise. Actually, I suspect life is all about compromise wherever and whoever you are, but I digress. You have to learn to plan ahead, and to calculate "amount of energy spent" for each activity (bearing in mind getting dressed counts as a physical activity) and then work out if you have enough to do everything you want to do, and if not, something has to go.

Last week was a tough week emotionally as I wrote about in my
other blog, and being the slightly emotional person I am it involved some tears, which seem to affect my body much like a day at the athletics track should. I also need to ensure I am well for this forthcoming weekend, as it is the hen weekend of a rather amazing friend, and I am extremely over excited and want to be there for as much of it as I can.

So as a result, the training has been bumped. I have had to wear my mask quite a lot over the last week or so just to alleviate breathlessness at rest, so it's probably a good thing that I am not striding about the town at present! I am thoroughly looking forward to restarting after next week, and am really motivated by reading how other team members are doing with their training, I will hopefully add them as weblinks along the side of this page. Please please dont forget to sponsor us (
click here to do so now!) the promise of muchly fundraising is after all how I have persuaded over 50 ladies to don pink and sparkly wings in the middle of Hyde park!

2 comments:

diddyangel said...

Have a brilliant weekend sweetie you deserve it :)
I hope you're feeling a little more bouncy now :) xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

I've known all about you for a very long time, but only just caught up with your blog. I'm a friend of your Auntie Linda - we were at school together a very long time ago, but keep in touch. I knew your Dad too, when he was "Linda's little brother".

Even though we've never met, I sometimes think about you and wonder how you are getting on. I now know that you are a person who deserves all my admiration.

I hope a few warm thoughts from Sydney waft your way during your training sessions. I'll attempt to make a donation through the website. I'm sure they'll take my Aussie card.

Love, Susan