Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A hectic week!


Last week was one of the busiest weeks in the history of mankind - well it was for me anyway! I managed to do so much I really cant believe how well my tiny lungs behaved, and I am incredibly proud of them.

I have been into london, bollywood danced, eaten large meals, been to a night club (first ever time since starting to use oxygen a year ago!) been on a minibreak, to the theatre and to my sisters 16th! I reckon that's enough to make anyone need a week in bed!

In between each activity I put my mask on and went straight to sleep, which is one of the reasons I think I was able to participate in so much, so needless to say there was no training done. However I thought I would post a pic or two of my exploits to show that really I have been doing a great deal of exercise which probably counteracts the lack of actual training!

As for news on the challenge itself, we now have a team of over 60 Angels and have now passed the £2000 mark which is just fantastic! But even more exciting for me than that (sadly) is the fact that I found an adult sized bright pink fairydress which I immediately purchased because let's face it, it isnt every day you see one of those for sale. So I will be donned in a floaty dress with fushia netting and sequins....come on September!!

Pic 1 - supposed to be bollywood dancing but I appear to be laughing more than anything...

Pic 2 - climbing a large rock, before we noticed the sign that said "do not climb on the rocks". Oops. Excuse technological incompitence which is why I appear to be lying sideways as I cannot work out how to turn the photo round!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rock climbing looks even more hard-core by being at a 90 degree angle from upright! There is ususally some deely on the drawing toolbar to rotate pics, I can never find it either...

Emmie said...

LMAO I love that pic Emily, but I love it even more on it's side ;o) EXTREME OXYGENING here we come! I'd say that you getting halfway up that sheer rock face without even a harness on was probably quite good training haha.
Hurry back soon, you are both being missed!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Emily

Breathe On Uk would very much welcome an opportunity to join your campaign.

see our web
www.breatheon.org.uk

Breathe On uk

Anonymous said...

Youre an insperation to others, and you should be proud of yourself to the end. Youre one heck of a woman, You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!